To support women of all origins, who earn a low income, and who wish to achieve financial autonomy through entrepreneurship development. Based on sustainable and human development, Compagnie F was created out of the need to develop networks and create programs that take into account the needs of women who want to gain control over their professional future and acquire financial and professional independence. Compagnie F was created in 1997 at the “Centre de femmes d’ici et d’ailleurs”. The official opening took place on November 19, 1998.
- Cooperation and solidarity ;
- Productive sustainable employment;
- A holistic approach;
- Equality between women and men;
- Economic and social development;
We believe that, when things go well for women, all society benefits!
The dynamic team of women at Compagnie F offers many skills to support the mission of the organization and female entrepreneurship. Compagnie F promotes diversity in all its forms, which is why, as you will see, our team reflects the community. What’s more… we speak eight languages!
Compagnie F is managed by the Executive Director, who reports to the Board of Directors (volunteer). Compagnie F formed a management committee based on participatory management and to engage and utilise the various skill sets of its team members to uphold its mission.
Compagnie F is:
- The first Montreal organization with a mission of financial independence for women through entrepreneurship;
- A unique, inclusive resource, where more than 1,500 women created and consolidated their companies or redirected their careers by receiving the appropriate support at the right time;
- An organization that believes in women’s potential and capacity to take their future in their hands.
Compagnie F offers a wide range of programs and services under one roof, and works alongside other organizations so that women can access the services they need.
Compagnie F offers women:
- A warm welcome;
- Networking activities;
- Practical, accessible programs;
- Services in English and French;
- A competent, highly diverse team;
- The possibility of funding through lending circles;
- The Compagnie F Café, where they can meet, talk, promote themselves and enjoy the best coffee in town!
Compagnie F uses the sustainable development approach of “sustainable livelihoods” to support women. Since its inception, Compagnie F has been innovative in community economic development focused on women. We believe in the potential of women to take their future in their hands. We build sustainable links between the business world, community and women. With women and its partners, Compagnie F is an important player in local social-economic development.